openejb-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection pooling
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:17:47 GMT

On Feb 10, 2011, at 12:02 AM, willie wrote:

> The connector gets its DB connections from openejb. The JDBC connections are
> defined in openejb.xml.
> The connector defination is as follows:
> <connector>
>    <display-name>DataNucleus Connector</display-name>
>    <description></description>
>    <vendor-name>DataNucleus Team</vendor-name>
>    <spec-version>1.0</spec-version>
>    <eis-type>JDO Adaptor</eis-type>
>    <version>1.0</version>
>    <resourceadapter>
>
> <managedconnectionfactory-class>org.datanucleus.jdo.connector.ManagedConnectionFactoryImpl</managedconnectionfactory-class>
>
> <connectionfactory-interface>javax.resource.cci.ConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>
>
> <connectionfactory-impl-class>org.datanucleus.jdo.connector.PersistenceManagerFactoryImpl</connectionfactory-impl-class>
>
> <connection-interface>javax.resource.cci.Connection</connection-interface>
>
> <connection-impl-class>org.datanucleus.jdo.connector.PersistenceManagerImpl</connection-impl-class>
>        <transaction-support>LocalTransaction</transaction-support>
>        <config-property>
>          <config-property-name>ConnectionFactoryName</config-property-name>
>          <config-property-type>java.lang.String</config-property-type>
>          <config-property-value>jdbc/ds</config-property-value>
>        </config-property>
>        <authentication-mechanism>
>
> <authentication-mechanism-type>BasicPassword</authentication-mechanism-type>
>
> <credential-interface>javax.resource.security.PasswordCredential</credential-interface>
>        </authentication-mechanism>
>        <reauthentication-support>false</reauthentication-support>
>    </resourceadapter>
> </connector>
>
> The jdbc connection "jdbc/ds", above is provided by openejb through JDNI.

Hmm, that's definitely the right approach.  Though I'm not sure the impact 'LocalTransaction'
has on the connector.  In JPA that means to use the non-jta-data-source (JtaManaged=false
in openejb terms) which won't be shared by everyone in the transaction.

Can you post the config for the jdbc/ds resource?  Best way to do that if running a standalone
server is the 'openejb properties' command which will cut passwords out automatically.  If
using an embedded container you can use the following system property:

   log4j.category.OpenEJB.startup.service=debug

-David