openejb-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection pooling
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 19:40:49 GMT

On Feb 9, 2011, at 8:06 AM, willie wrote:

> I created a JCA Connector for Datanucleus. However I noticed the connection
> pooling does not return the same connection for a stateful session doing DB
> updates, resulting in deadlocks on the databases after a number of calls.
> How can one configure connection pooling in OpenEJB to return the same
> connection?

Sounds like something else might be going on as pooling/sharing is enabled by default and
works out of the box.

If the 'JtaManaged' property of the data source's <Resource> is set to 'false' then
that will shut off sharing.  Also if someone creates their own connection, that would cause
problems too.

How does the Connector get connections?

-David