openejb-users mailing list archives

From "Luis Fernando Planella Gonzalez" <lfpg....@gmail.com>
Subject JAAS in embedded OpenEJB
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:42:39 GMT
Hi all!
I'm using openejb for tomcat integration, and I'm stuck trying to setup the
JAAS user validation.
Here are my questions:

   1. I've seen on the docs that I might change the conf/login.config, but
   that is a file that only exists on the standalone server, right? How can I
   setup a login module that validates the credentials?
   2. I'm working on a web application which may have several instances
   deployed in the same tomcat, so I don't want to use the standard tomcat
   JAASUserRealm because it would require setting up each context in a
   login.config file (and I don't need user validation in the web layer). Is it
   correct to pass the identity / credentials in the InitialContext properties?

I'm almost pullin my hair out of my head with this! :-)
Thanks!