openejb-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Shutdown an embedded instance of OpenEJB programatically
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2008 05:13:00 GMT

> We could probably wrap this up into a better package and allow it to
> be called from the initialContext.close() method so you don't have
> to have any OpenEJB code in your test case.

Ok.  I implemented the initialContext.close() logic.  It only works on
the InitialContext, calling close on any subcontexts will do nothing.
As well it only works on the initialContext that booted OpenEJB,
subsequent initialContext only refer to the already booted OpenEJB and
therefore have to authority/ability to shutdown the container.

Give it a try if you get the chance.  New snapshots are being uploaded
as we speak.

I have noticed an ActiveMQ shutdown issue (doesn't fully shutdown so
restart is not possible), but aside from that it should be pretty
functional.

-David