openejb-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: need help getting quartz-ra.rar file to deploy
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 21:01:08 GMT

On Aug 12, 2008, at 9:28 AM, endium wrote:

> Thanks for this David! For some reason, I didn't get an email
> notifying me of
> your reply. I am trying to implement this right now. Was the maven
> configuration for openejb changed at all? This may be an unrelated
> problem,
> but since today it doesn't seem that maven is correctly identifying
> all of
> the dependencies. I am getting this error:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/openejb/loader/
> OpenEJBInstance
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .openejb
> .client
> .LocalInitialContextFactory.init(LocalInitialContextFactory.java:59)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .openejb
> .client
> .LocalInitialContextFactory.init(LocalInitialContextFactory.java:51)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .openejb
> .client
> .LocalInitialContextFactory
> .getInitialContext(LocalInitialContextFactory.java:40)
> 	at
> javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:
> 667)

I just ran into this error myself trying to reproduce a different
issue.  It seems the maven 2 snapshot repo got corrupted on
people.apache.org.  I've just finished rebuilding the openejb section
of the repo and things look much better now.  You may need to remove
part of your local maven repo (the "repository/org/apache/openejb"
part) to get a clean build from the snapshots.

One way to try without having to delete anything is to build with a
temporary "empty" repo like so:

  $ mkdir temp-repo
  $ mvn clean install -Dmaven.repo.local=temp-repo

-David