openejb-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Propblem with OpenEJB + Toplink unit tests
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 22:26:20 GMT

On Aug 4, 2008, at 5:45 AM, Marcin Kwapisz wrote:

>> It may be that TopLink doesn't know how to find our
>> TransactionManager.  OpenJPA finds it automatically by calling
>> org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB.getTransactionManager().  For Hibernate,
>> there's the TransactionManagerLookup which can be configured.  Do you
>> know if there's anything similar in TopLink?
>>
> [Marcin Kwapisz]
> Thanks David for the hint.
>
> There is such feature and similar problem (solution also) is
> described here:
> http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=625250&tstart=0&messageID=2390496
> and here:
> http://www.jroller.com/guruwons/entry/use_glassfish_java_persistence_provider
>
> The only one thing I had to find was TransactionManager jndi name:
> java:comp/TransactionManager
>
> public class OpenEJBTransactionController extends
> JTATransactionController
> {
>
>    public static final String JNDI_TRANSACTION_MANAGER_NAME =
> "java:comp/TransactionManager";
>
>    public OpenEJBTransactionController()
>    {
>        super();
>    }
>
>    @Override
>    protected TransactionManager acquireTransactionManager() throws
> Exception
>    {
>        return (TransactionManager)
> jndiLookup(JNDI_TRANSACTION_MANAGER_NAME);
>    }
> }
>
> and in persistence.xml
>
> <property name="toplink.target-server"
> value="pl.zsk.samples.ejbservice.OpenEJBTransactionController"/>

Fantastic, thank you!

Added some features for you and other TopLink/EclipseLink users.  We
now generate an implement of JTATransactionController and will
automatically set the target-server property if we determine you are
using the TopLink or EclipseLink providers.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-880
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-881

So when 3.1 comes out, you shouldn't need to set the toplink.target-
server property anymore and will be able to dump your custom
OpenEJBTransactionController, though it will continue to work if you
want to use it (i.e. we won't override the property if we see you've
set it to a custom class).

Sort of a conceptual copy of what we did for hibernate:  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-801

-David