openejb-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Externalize db access data for junit-testing
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 00:12:24 GMT
Hi Per,

On Aug 12, 2008, at 2:38 AM, Newgro wrote:

> first thanks to the openejb team for this great product. It helps
> alot for
> ejb3. Wiki pages and forum support are great.

Thanks!  A very large percent of the docs come straight from the list,
so a big thanks to all the people with questions/requests.  It's very
appreciated.

> But i would like to "externalize" these parameters to an xml or
> properties
> file.
> Is there a way to put my datasources to a place where openejb is
> come along
> automatically? My tries to add them to openejb.xml failed.
> Documentation
> point would help to (If this is already in the wiki - didn't found a
> paper).

Sure, try this.  Create an openejb.xml file in any directory that gets
added to your test classpath. For maven, something that winds up
directly under "target/classes/" or "target/test-classes/" will work
just fine.  Then in your test case do this:

         properties.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,

         URL config =
this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("openejb.xml");
         properties.setProperty("openejb.configuration",
config.toExternalForm());

         initialContext = new InitialContext(properties);
     }

The file itself doesn't have to be called "openejb.xml", you could
have a few different files like that for different testing scenarios
each with a name that describes the basic setup.

-David