openejb-users mailing list archives

From "lupu.slobodu" <>
Subject Re: Custom Resource Factory
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 18:11:57 GMT

Here it is what I've been trying:

1)Resource Factory configuration in tomcat context.xml

2)test web application's  web.xml

    Object factory for ResourceBean instances.

I can look it up successfully from a servlet like this

		Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
		ResourceBean bean = (ResourceBean) envCtx.lookup("bean/ParamsFactory");

The same look up fails  when performed inside a session bean.

I tried to integrate the declarations in the openejb web module web.xml
descriptor also but with no success.

I didn't do anything like this before in Tomcat or any EJB container but it
looks to me like a clean and portable solution for loading application
configuration parameters which happen to be in xml format.