openejb-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Configure OpenEJB Container to use external activemq.xml file
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 00:13:32 GMT

On Aug 7, 2008, at 6:48 AM, rde8026 wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I've tried using the fully qualified path and
> I get
> the same exception -
>
> Failed to startup an embedded broker:
> openejb:xbean:(D:/opt/openejb-3.0/lib/activemq.xml)?
> persistent=false, due
> to: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
> Could
> not resolve bean definition resource pattern
> [(D:/opt/openejb-3.0/lib/activemq.xml)?persistent=false]; nested
> exception
> is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource
> [(D:/opt/openejb-3.0/lib/] cannot be resolved to URL because it does
> not
> exist
>
> I'm curious do you know if anyone has successfully gotten this to
> work or is
> it a bug?  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I think I've tried this before, but I could be imagining things.
Looking at the exception though, it seems that we might need to make
the path a valid URL.  Try this one:

   file:///D:/opt/openejb-3.0/lib/activemq.xml

If that doesn't work, post your activemq.xml (or some version of it)
and I'll give it a try.

If that *does* work, then we can add examples as well as wrap this
activemq functionality with something that tries harder to make things
work and gives a better error message when they can't.

-David