openejb-users mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Inbound JCA 1.5 Resource Adapter example
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:10:34 GMT
On Aug 13, 2008, at 12:17 AM, Neighbour wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm looking for the example of Inbound JCA Resource Adapter
> compliant to JCA
> 1.5 spec.
> So it would be possible to deploy it into OpenEJB.

Yes OpenEJB supports JCA 1.5. If you include a rar file in an ear we
will automatically deploy the rar.

> How does JCA RA become aware of EJBs subscribed to this JCA RA?
> The parameters MessageEndpointFactory and ActivationSpec don't give
> any clue
> to these EJBs.

When we deploy a ResourceAdapter file, we automatically create a
MdbContainer for inbound connection.  Later when message driven EJBs
are deployed, OpenEJB matches the message listener interface of the
MDB against the message listener interface of the automatically
deployed MdbContainer.  Then the MdbContainer then performs endpoint
activation using the ResourceAdapter, the EJB's ActivationSpec and an
EndpointFactory created by the container.

-dain