openejb-dev mailing list archives

From stratwine <tovishwan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A patch for OPENEJB-1565 (Retweet OpenEJB contributors feed)
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 00:49:18 GMT
Hi,

I have added another patch (RetweetFunctionallyGood.patch). This retweets
pretty well, with original the image of original-tweeter emebedded.

It takes a default list of recent tweets (around 15 ) from the list
Checks for #openejb or @openejb pattern in the tweet.
If present, checks it it was retweeted
If not retweeted, adds it to a list

Then the list is looped and each entry is retweeted ( with a 5 min thread
sleep, for each entry, so that it doesn't look like spamming a set of tweets
at once.. Is that fine ? )

Apart from the retweet check that we do,Twitter forbids any repeat post with
a 403 status code. So that additionally ensures that this app doesn't do any
repeat posts.

One thing though: If anyone not in the list had retweeted an OpenEJB status,
before this app tries, then that message gets filtered out as "retweeted".
As a result, it wouldn't be picked up for retweeting.

In that case anyone in the list can do a native retweet like " RT @person
original-message" I guess

I'll do any tidying in another patch.

-Vishwa