openejb-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ideas for Getting the word out
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 04:20:33 GMT

On May 30, 2011, at 12:14 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> are we talking about a openejb communication refactoring?

Wasn't originally thinking so broad, but it has turned into that... which is pretty cool :)

> from my side i know there are the website, an apache blog etc...
>
> couldn't it be merged into a kind of portal with a blog part, a tutorial
> part, a community a wiki part etc...? All these pages with a new layout and
> template?
>
> IMHO OpenEJB is sexy to use but its communication needs to be more
> centralized and more attractive.

I'm open to that.  Karan had some ideas on IRC for redoing the front page.  My response to
that was that maybe we need to redo the whole site.  Perhaps a fresh new look in celebration
of OpenEJB 4 and TomEE.

I just posted about the CMS.  Might be a good opportunity for some playing.

Sounds like you have some ideas.  Any interest in mocking up something?

The only thoughts I've had on it are that we should go with a standard fixed width "one middle
column" approach.  Maybe reserve the purple to just a top band.

-David