openejb-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <...@jnwd.net>
Subject Re: openejb as a osgi service?
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2009 00:30:27 GMT
I have been trying to think of this in terms of how a JEE application
server that is implemented completely as OSGi bundles would need its EJB
support to be implemented.

So, I was thinking of the JEE container as being a black box that would
allow a user to deploy JEE artifacts (EJB jars, WAR files, and EARs)
without knowing or caring that the server was internally implemented as
a collection of OSGi bundles.

In this scenario, the server would need to have an EJB container that
would receive a non-OSGi artifact and would then need to make all of the
EJBs contained in it injectable (or findable through JNDI).

To accomplish this, OpenEJB would then (need to?) be deployed as a
bundle that provided the EJB supporting services and a second bundle
that created a container utilizing those services.  Is that what you
(and others) were thinking?

Jay