openejb-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject openejb-client has OSGi Require-Bundle without a maven dependency.
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 15:27:44 GMT
I ran into a little issue with the bundlized version of the
openejb-client jar.  This jar has a Require-Bundle dependency on
org.apache.openejb.openebj-core, but the project pom does not specify a
maven dependency on openejb-core.  This is causing a bit of an issue
when used in Geronimo 3.0 because the framework is using the maven
dependencies to determine the install/start order for the different
bundles we're using.  Since there's no maven dependency, the
openejb-client is giving a resolution constraint failure on the required
jar depending on the relative order the different openejb bundles get
started.  Having the correct maven dependency in the pom would sort all
of that out.

Is there some reason why this was done this way, or is it just an oversight?

Rick