openejb-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Propagating extra context information in remote EJB calls
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:27:32 GMT

On Nov 10, 2009, at 7:36 AM, Jack Cai wrote:

> Are you suggesting that I shall write a servlet to
> receive the client call and then forward to the openejb server?

Right, exactly.  On the client side you'd point to the servlet address.

The servlet could be added to an existing webapp for now.  For the
long term it would be really great to have a servlet like the one I
posted as a standard part of the Geronimo integration.

This is the one we use in the Tomcat integration:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/server/openejb-http/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/server/httpd/ServerServlet.java

It doesn't do anything with the HTTP headers yet, but it could.

-David