openejb-dev mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@skywalk.co.za>
Subject Re: Optimizing the OpenEjb modules discovery
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 19:44:06 GMT
Quintin Beukes

> Stripping them off, logging a warning that we did so, and including the
> configurable flag in the warning seems like the way to go.  We might want to
> do that for all properties.

Since reading Properties literally, quotes and all, is standard (because
they are handled on a line-by-line basis), it might be a good idea to
implement this as a sort of "extension" on the standard OpenEJB, then make
the configuration flag default to "enabled=true". This way it can be seen,
when "enabled=false" that the extension is disabled, leaving a "cleaner"
OpenEJB. So it can be viewed as OpenEJB itself following the Java
conventions/standards, with an extension to add the "slash stripping"
functionality.

It doesn't really make a difference to the functionality. I just thought i'd
suggest it. It comes down to viewpoint, so instead of "enabling the standard
way", you "disable the non-standard way extension". Even though it's enabled
by default, it seems a bit more acceptable for extensions to break away from
the standards, instead of extensions enforcing the standards.

I don't know how to explain my justification for this, so I hope you
understand.