openejb-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: [RESULTS] Release OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin 1.0.0.alpha
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 08:42:54 GMT
On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Jonathan Gallimore
<jonathan.gallimore@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jacek. I've put a blog entry up:
> https://blogs.apache.org/openejb/entry/openejb_eclipse_plugin_alpha_release

That's indeed a very useful screencast and I'm going to combine it
with the work around OSGi if you don't mind for the upcoming Eclipse
DemoCamp sessions in Poland (Warszawa and Wroclaw). I'm going to show
what it is to work with EJBs with the OpenEJB Eclipse plugin (the
Eclipse part plus OpenEJB/EJB3) and then show how to move on running
exactly the same EJB as a bundle and look it up from another one (with
Eclipse Equinox). It's gonna be a killer session! :) Thanks Jonathan.

Two things I'd like to get corrected at some point:

1. The version of OpenEJB provided by the plugin is 3.0.0. That's what
it shows up in the project libraries. I'm pretty sure people will ask
about it and why it's not 3.1.2 or 3.1.1 at the very least.
2. The ejb-jar.xml file was discussed and I'd change the wording to
say it's not necessary at all and explain why it is in the project. It
boosts the search for EJBs in the classpath and otherwise would
require changes to the way OpenEJB searches it (with include/exclude
env properties).

Could you also describe the recording process? What tools did you use?
I'm going to record some presentations myself and don't know what
tooling I'll have to use for it. I've been told that audacity is to
correct a sound, but what about the really useful white circle you
used in your screencast to draw attention? Did you just record it all
at once without any adjustments to the sound and video. It ended up
really awesome and you kept your voice on a proper level which made
watching the screencast very pleasant. I'd love doing alike with my
first screencast. Share as much tips and tricks as possible.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski