openejb-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gallimore <jonathan.gallim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULTS] Release OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin 1.0.0.alpha
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 23:45:12 GMT
Hi All,

I have published the artifacts for the release. The plugin can be downloaded
from:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/openejb/eclipse-plugin/openejb-eclipse-plugin-1.0.0.alpha-deployable.zipand
the update site is:
http://www.apache.org/dist/openejb/eclipse-plugin/update-site/

I have made a change to site.xml to add a mirror url (added 'mirrorsURL="
http://openejb.apache.org/eclipse/openejb-eclipse-update--xml.cgi"' to the
<site> node) to try and get Eclipse to use the mirrors rather than
www.apache.org. I'm not sure if this requires a re-vote - if people feel it
does, I'm happy to reverse this and recreate the binaries again.

The CGI file referenced in the mirrorsURL above is a script that lists the
Apache mirrors, and seems to be the Apache standard way of doing this (the
Geronimo plugin does it in the same way) - I found some documentation here:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasing-eclipse-update-site.html

The CGI file is here:
http://openejb.apache.org/eclipse/openejb-eclipse-update--xml.cgi and it has
a HTML template here:
http://openejb.apache.org/eclipse/openejb-eclipse-update--xml.html.

Hopefully this ok - please let me know if there's any problem. If it is ok,
I'll write up a short announcement for the blog and website.

Cheers,

Jon