openejb-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Dev Concepts
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 23:07:48 GMT

On Oct 20, 2009, at 3:38 AM, Quintin Beukes wrote:

> In Geronimo OpenEJB seems to give me Stateless proxies for Singleton
> beans. This doesn't seem right.
>
> How/where are the proxy objects created for stateless/singleton
> objects.
>
> I have found that doing the remote lookup on a singleton, causes
> Proxy.getInvocationHandler(proxy) to return a Stateless Proxy, but
> can't seem to find where these proxies are registered so I can figure
> out how the toy works?

See EjbHomeProxyHandler.createHomeProxy.  Everything proxy-wise is
seeded through that method.  We bind all the homes in JNDI and on
lookup, depending on the interface type, we return the home or ask the
home to create an object and return the object.

Or maybe it's easier to throw a break point in
BusinessLocalReference.getObject and just follow the code downstream.
Looking for where it's constructed will bring you to the code on how
it is built (JndiBuilder->CoreDeploymentInfo-
 >EjbHomeProxyHandler.createHomeProxy)

-David