openejb-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Why do we need javaee-api?
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 01:07:09 GMT

On Oct 15, 2009, at 4:07 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> What I couldn't figure out yet
> was what the following configuration in pom.xml of the javaee-api
> project meant to do:
>
>              <filters>
>                <filter>
>
> <artifact>org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec</artifact>
>                  <includes>
>                    <include>javax/ejb/**</include>
>                  </includes>
>                </filter>
>              </filters>
>
> Could someone decipher it for me? If that means that
> javax/xml/rpc/handler/MessageContext.class should not be included what
> is this additional step made for? What would break if it was removed?

Right, it filters out MessageContext from that jar.  It's in another
jar and having it there twice broke the plugin.  I seem to recall I
actually had to add that include/exclude feature to the maven-shade-
plugin to get it to work for us.

> p.s. I hate these "[WARNING] We have a duplicate" messages popping up
> during maven-shade-plugin work. I'm looking into turning them off.
> Anyone knows how? It'd be faster, I believe.

I'm not sure what that is about as AFAIK the plugin fails if there are
actual duplicate classes in the jars.

-David