openejb-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Propagating extra context information in remote EJB calls
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 08:29:37 GMT
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Jack Cai <greensight@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to propagate some context information in remote EJB calls, and
> hopefully this can be done transparently, i.e., does not require code change
> to existing applications. Is this possible?

I don't know how it is in OpenEJB itself, but you can use AOP to do
the trick. Just intercept client calls on a client and add relevant
data to the stream. I believe you want to pass the additional data to
another set of remote methods so you could just route the calls to
remote business methods to their extended counterparts. I'm pretty
sure it doesn't sound well, but with such a general description I
couldn't come up with something more elegant :]

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski