openejb-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Q: JNDI context factory for OSGi env?
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 10:54:51 GMT
On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Jacek Laskowski
<jacek@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to proceed with OSGi'fication of the
> current openejb codebase and have created an ejb3 client that worked
> fine standalone. When I run the client as a osgi bundle with
> appropriate imports the client was not able to instantiate the
> LocalInitialContextFactory (I believe it's java.lang.Class.forName
> that messes it up). I guess it needs another approach for JNDI context
> creation.

Got it resolved. The necessary change in the client code was to link
the current classloader with the thread's one.

Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(this.getClass().getClassLoader());

It's one of the very well-known issues while migrating common java
apps into OSGi env.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski