openejb-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Why do we need javaee-api?
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:07:29 GMT
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 4:16 AM, David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:
> I like the one big jar as well, but I can understand the situations where it
> is a hinderance.
>
> We now have the javaee-api.jar and the javaee-api-libs.zip, so hopefully
> that covers everyone's needs.

That's fine and I can see its value. What I couldn't figure out yet
was what the following configuration in pom.xml of the javaee-api
project meant to do:

              <filters>
                <filter>

<artifact>org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec</artifact>
                  <includes>
                    <include>javax/ejb/**</include>
                  </includes>
                </filter>
              </filters>

Could someone decipher it for me? If that means that
javax/xml/rpc/handler/MessageContext.class should not be included what
is this additional step made for? What would break if it was removed?

p.s. I hate these "[WARNING] We have a duplicate" messages popping up
during maven-shade-plugin work. I'm looking into turning them off.
Anyone knows how? It'd be faster, I believe.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski