openejb-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Whitlock" <jcscoob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [THOUGHTS] OpenEJB Plugin Foundations
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:39:19 GMT
>  recently I was thinking about whether it would make sense
>  to create something like an OpenEJB plugin foundations
>  infrastructure that would contain common building blocks
>  that may be re-used by plugins such as the Eclipse
>  annotation.
>
>  That way, if having such a plugin foundation, it would be
>  possible to create an annotations plugin for example for
>  IDEA IntelliJ too.

I love the idea.  It's all to common that people have tunnel vision
and do something for an isolated tool when if done properly, other
similar tools could easily benefit from the efforts.  Since all of the
major IDEs have plug-in support, if we want OpenEJB and it's tools to
be consumed by the masses, it only makes sense to abstract the real
work into a reusable form and then have the implementation code be
tool specific.  I think this is a wonderful idea.  +1