openejb-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CMP2 on G2 - Delayed Database Flush
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:57:36 GMT

On Apr 4, 2008, at 2:20 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> I've been sucked into another project and haven't been paying much
> attention to the lists...
>
> The problem is we flush before returning the created object to the
> caller.  The reason we do this is because database generated fields
> are not filled in until the flush statement which means the primary
> key is not guaranteed to be available until flush.  The current code
> requires the primary key to create the cmp proxy we return to the
> caller.  The code will have to be changed to allow for late primary
> key resolution either when the code calls getPrimaryKey or at the
> end of the transaction.
>
> I don't have the time to look at this, but I can help you if you
> want to work on it.

Hi Dain,
Thanks a lot for the info. Makes sense. Totally understand lack of
time... Unlikely that I'm going to have much time to spend on this
either. Not exactly my cup-o-tea, anyway.  As David mentioned, nice
little project to start understanding some of this code. Hopefully,
somebody will be interested...

--kevan