openejb-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: CMP2 on G2 - Delayed Database Flush
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 18:20:20 GMT
I've been sucked into another project and haven't been paying much
attention to the lists...

The problem is we flush before returning the created object to the
caller.  The reason we do this is because database generated fields
are not filled in until the flush statement which means the primary
key is not guaranteed to be available until flush.  The current code
requires the primary key to create the cmp proxy we return to the
caller.  The code will have to be changed to allow for late primary
key resolution either when the code calls getPrimaryKey or at the end
of the transaction.

I don't have the time to look at this, but I can help you if you want
to work on it.

-dain