openejb-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: remote ejb scalability issue
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 20:30:47 GMT

On Apr 17, 2008, at 5:31 AM, Gianny Damour wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It would be great to have only one TCP/IP connection opened between
> an EJB client and the EJB server and this across multiple requests.
> My understanding is that at the moment a TCP/IP connection is
> negotiated for each EJB request which is very expensive especially
> based on the rather small size of the payload being passed back and
> forth over TCP/IP.

Absolutely!  It's been on my mental TODO list for quite some time.
Last time I looked the trickiest thing was that the code sort of had
the notion it could close the socket, etc.  If we could get a setup
similar to a servlet container where the inputstream/outputstream
passed were not the actual streams (thinking of request.getInputStream/
response.getOutputStream) it would fit really well.  There might be
some code in Tomcat/Jetty that we can "borrow."

If you'd like to take a look at it, excellent!

-David