openejb-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Regarding jndi names of EJB 2.1 beans
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 20:17:25 GMT

On Mar 31, 2008, at 4:19 AM, Manu George wrote:
> Hi,
>    Previously we used to have a jndi-name in the openejb-jar.xml for
> geronimo. Currently for EJB 2.1 beans we dont use the values in that
> element and instead generate the name in the same way we do for EJB
> 3.0. Is this by design or an issue?

This should be supported.  The code to convert those elements to the
new ones are there:

OpenEjb2Conversion.java:

             for (String name : enterpriseBean.getLocalJndiName()) {
                 deployment.getJndi().add(new
org.apache.openejb.jee.oejb3.Jndi(name, "LocalHome"));
             }

             for (String name : enterpriseBean.getJndiName()) {
                 deployment.getJndi().add(new
org.apache.openejb.jee.oejb3.Jndi(name, "RemoteHome"));
             }

Have you been able to verify that they don't work?

-David