openejb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.0 final (fingers crossed)
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 05:58:05 GMT

On Apr 6, 2008, at 5:14 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
> As David J noted a week or so back, the svn root at tags/openejb-3.0  
> needs to contain a LICENSE and NOTICE file. This is mandatory, IMO.

+1.  Thanks, David!

> The NOTICE files in generated jar files, being created using the  
> maven-remote-resources-plugin, aren't proper. NOTICE files should  
> only contain legally required attributions, not a transitive list of  
> dependencies. IMO, they should be updated. However, as long as the  
> NOTICE files also contain the required attributions, I would say  
> this is probably a decision for the PMC.

A project decision, definitely.  I encourage everyone to update their  
votes if they feel they need to.

Any thoughts on resolution either for this or future releases?

> The generated WAR file in openejb-itests-web did not contain a  
> license/notice file. The notice files for all itests artifacts  
> should be reviewed. I don't have internet access, at the moment, but  
> recall noticing a problem. Will take a look, once I'm connected  
> again...

Thanks!

> The file container/openejb-jee/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/jee/ 
> oejb3/EjbLink.java has an incorrect src license header. I'll fix on  
> trunk...

Great.  Merged that into our branch.


Given the legal tweaks, I think the best course of action is to extend  
the vote out another 2 days (i.e. ending 72 hours from now).  If  
someone wants to rescind or change their vote, they'll have time.

Thanks, Kevan!

-David

>
> On Apr 4, 2008, at 8:51 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> All right.  TCK issues were fixed last night.  Joe kicked off a run  
>> early this morning and everything is running clean.  I've also run  
>> the itests on standalone and a dozen versions of tomcat and  
>> everything looks good there as well.  After three weeks or so, it  
>> seems we're at the finish line.
>>
>> If there does turn out to be an issue with this build, I think the  
>> best game plan would be to still release this and get a 3.0.1 next  
>> week.  The 3.0-beta-2 release is good but has a large number of  
>> limitations and bugs.  We need to get something out to cover it up.
>>
>> And now... the binaries ....!
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/3.0/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/3.0/
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/repo/
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/tags/openejb-3.0/
>>
>>
>> Here's my +1
>>
>> Vote will be open for 72 hours.  Happy voting!
>>
>> -David
>>
>


Mime
View raw message