openejb-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.0 final (fingers crossed)
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 16:09:43 GMT

On Apr 7, 2008, at 1:58 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2008, at 5:14 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>> As David J noted a week or so back, the svn root at tags/
>> openejb-3.0 needs to contain a LICENSE and NOTICE file. This is
>> mandatory, IMO.
>
> +1.  Thanks, David!
>
>> The NOTICE files in generated jar files, being created using the
>> maven-remote-resources-plugin, aren't proper. NOTICE files should
>> only contain legally required attributions, not a transitive list
>> of dependencies. IMO, they should be updated. However, as long as
>> the NOTICE files also contain the required attributions, I would
>> say this is probably a decision for the PMC.
>
> A project decision, definitely.  I encourage everyone to update
> their votes if they feel they need to.
>
> Any thoughts on resolution either for this or future releases?

I think Dave Jencks and Jason Dillon have done a real nice job of
integrating the m-r-r-p into some Geronimo sub-projects. Dependency
info (currently in your notice file) is created instead. There's no
fully-automated process for generating proper NOTICE files, at least
to my knowledge. However, since most notice files in an Apache project
only need to contain copyright information for the project. You can
hit most cases with a simple attribution and manage the non-standard
cases  manually. It's still not an easy process...

>> The generated WAR file in openejb-itests-web did not contain a
>> license/notice file. The notice files for all itests artifacts
>> should be reviewed. I don't have internet access, at the moment,
>> but recall noticing a problem. Will take a look, once I'm connected
>> again...
>
> Thanks!
>
>> The file container/openejb-jee/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/jee/
>> oejb3/EjbLink.java has an incorrect src license header. I'll fix on
>> trunk...
>
> Great.  Merged that into our branch.
>

> Given the legal tweaks, I think the best course of action is to
> extend the vote out another 2 days (i.e. ending 72 hours from now).
> If someone wants to rescind or change their vote, they'll have time.
>
> Thanks, Kevan!

I won't have a chance to work on any of this until later today (might
be as late as tomorrow morning).

--kevan