openejb-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] OpenEJB 3.0 final (fingers crossed)
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 20:57:29 GMT
sorry for letting these legal goo questions drop off my radar.  I can
help fix problems a bit later today.

I don't have a strong opinion about whether we need to redo the vote
to fix the generated NOTICE files.  The current ones are definitely
wrong and a lot of projects have released artifacts containing
similarly wrong NOTICE files.

I'll work on trunk to get the generation up to par and make sure the
root svn files look OK....

On Apr 6, 2008, at 10:58 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2008, at 5:14 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>> As David J noted a week or so back, the svn root at tags/
>> openejb-3.0 needs to contain a LICENSE and NOTICE file. This is
>> mandatory, IMO.
>
> +1.  Thanks, David!
>
>> The NOTICE files in generated jar files, being created using the
>> maven-remote-resources-plugin, aren't proper. NOTICE files should
>> only contain legally required attributions, not a transitive list
>> of dependencies. IMO, they should be updated. However, as long as
>> the NOTICE files also contain the required attributions, I would
>> say this is probably a decision for the PMC.
>
> A project decision, definitely.  I encourage everyone to update
> their votes if they feel they need to.
>
> Any thoughts on resolution either for this or future releases?
>
>> The generated WAR file in openejb-itests-web did not contain a
>> license/notice file. The notice files for all itests artifacts
>> should be reviewed. I don't have internet access, at the moment,
>> but recall noticing a problem. Will take a look, once I'm
>> connected again...

The maven-remote-resources-plugin seems to like to put the files in
wars in WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/LICENSE.  The only way I've found to
get them in META-INF is to include them as hardcoded resources in
webapp.

thanks
david jencks