openejb-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gallimore <jonathan.gallim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] OpenEJb plugin for Eclipse
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 22:12:34 GMT
  Hi Daniel,

Many thanks for your email!

That's right, it isn't currently in the official repository, its
currently in the sandbox/openejb-eclipse-plugin area. If you wanted to
team up that would be great - I would certainly find it very motivating
:). I think there's still a bit of work to do before its ready, the
following springs immediately to mind:

    * Need to make the server view work with different version strings -
      currently it works with openejb-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT but
      openejb-3.0.0-beta2 for example didn't work (or at least it didn't
      last time I tried)
    * Make the PDE tests run during a Maven build (I've made a start on
      this, but its not quite there)
    * Add annotation generation for Entity beans (again, I've made a
      start, I can get the orm.xml file that's generated from
      ejb-jar.xml and openejb-jar.xml and passed to OpenJPA, and read it
      into the JAXB tree. I think generating most of the annotations for
      entity beans will be pretty straightforward from that structure.)
    * I think some other refactorings for Entity beans will be needed -
      such as making the bean class non-abstract and adding in the
      member variables.

I guess the question is what's the best way to proceed - I currently
have some code in my own SVN repo which I ought to create a patch of and
get into the sandbox. I think it would also be useful if pop some notes
on the plugin up on the wiki. What do you think?

Thanks again for your e-mail, I'm looking forward to working with you
and making progress with the plugin!

Cheers

Jon