openejb-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: MEJB changes in Geronimo and MappedName
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:50:00 GMT

Manu George wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>               Just had a look at the MEJB App.
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/applications/geronimo-mejb/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/mgmt/MEJB.java
> Won't setting the mappedName in the @Stateless(name="ejb/mgmt/MEJB")
> annotation completely bypass the troublesome code in
> GeronimoMappedName and solve the problem?

Yes, I think setting the JNDI name would fix the problem.  However I
think the problem is actually that the application that is referencing
MEJB doesn't have a JNDI name mapped for the reference to MEJB and so it
defaults to match the ref name "ejb/MEJB".   IIUC it's because the app
doesn't have a mapped JNDI name that the GeronimoMappedName code comes
into the picture and forces the MEJBGBean/MEJB name.  I'd like to avoid
creating distribution plans for the apps it possible (this is in the tck
and there are a lot of apps) but I'm nearly at the point where this
might be necessary.

> Regarding JNDI link to map MEJBGBean/MEJB to mejb/ejb/mgmt/MEJB you
> need to bind a javax.naming.LinkRef at MEJBGBean/MEJB with the
> linkName as mejb/ejb/mgmt/MEJB.

Thanks ... I'll give that a try.

{