Thanks Cam and Chris!

Looking forward to try out the latest additions in 0.5-trunk.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) <> wrote:
Hey Sheryl,

Once we wrap up OODT-215 and OODT-310 for wengine yes it will be totally safe and encouraged
to use 0.5-trunk (and beyond) for workflow + pge + resmgr.

Right now I'd recommend:

1. Taking an 0.3 release and then overlaying what you want out of 0.4 (e.g., filemgr, etc.).
2. Staying on 0.3.
3. Deploying 0.5-trunk, but using 0.3 workflow manager/pge/crawler.

As for what my JPL projects are using, some of them are using 0.5-trunk (they are doing mostly
curation + ingestion + crawling + met extraction, and/or using the new web interfaces), the
rest are using 0.3.

On Aug 6, 2012, at 12:43 PM, Sheryl John wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I've been able to run and test workflow tasks with the resource manager on 0.3 versions. At CHLA, we've been using the 0.4 version without resmgr but due to runtime issues with workflow, we'd like to send out task jobs with resmgr and compare the performance.
> Is it safe to use the latest trunk updates for workflow, pge and resource manager?
> Also, which versions are you all using for the current projects?
> Thanks,
> Sheryl

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist