oodt-user mailing list archives

From YunHee Kang <yunh.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about how to assign a port number to its protocol in pushpull
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 12:20:36 GMT
Hi Chris,

I am writing to you to ask you about how to apply a port number in a
property file of the pushpull framework.
Until now I didn't find how to do that in the push-pull user manual
written by Brian.

I think that we usually  use a well-know port number assigned to a
specific protocol. For instance the number 22  belongs to scp.
But  sometimes we use a different port number, instead of common port
number, cause of a security reason.
On the other hand,  we also need to consider how to describe  a port
number that is assigned to a new protocol if we develop the protocol.

Let me know how to add a new property for the port number.

Thanks,
Yunhee