oodt-user mailing list archives

From "Stough, Timothy M (388F)" <timothy.m.sto...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Two File Manager Questions
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 23:00:37 GMT
Hello All,

I've been using CAS for a while and have it mostly working.  I have a couple of issues with
versioning and search that I need some help with.  See below.

Thanks in advance!
Tim.

A) Getting the right versioning behavior.

 1) I need to have versioning set up so that multiple products of the same name can be ingested
and a version number incremented.

 2) When I search, if multiple versions are available, I only need to return the most recent.

B) Disallowed characters in product names?

 My product names look like this:  "ALPSRP225250610-H1.0__A"  If I try to search for a product
by name using a Lucene query through query_tool, the query breaks across the "_".  What I
see in the log is:

WARNING: Query: [q=Filename:ALPSRP154650650-H1.0 AND Filename:A] for Product Type: [urn:oodt:GenericFile]
returned no results

So it looks like the __ gets turned into an "AND".  What's the deal and how do I fix it?

Tim Stough
NASA/Caltech Jet Propulsion Lab
Senior System Architect
Data Understanding Group (Section 388)