oodt-user mailing list archives

From "Nguyen, Ricky" <rngu...@chla.usc.edu>
Subject crawler with unique action fails on first ingest
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 00:52:25 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to run a crawler using "--actionIds Unique". Since this is the first time I am
ingesting a file into FileMgr, the user guide [1] says that the catalog dir MUST NOT exist
so that Lucene can create it. However, the crawler fails with the error:

IOException when opening index directory: [/Users/rnguyen/vpicu/data/catalog] for search:
Message: /Users/rnguyen/vpicu/data/catalog is not a directory

Seems like crawler is trying to search for a product (to determine it's uniqueness), but the
catalog hasn't been created yet. I guess since I have no catalog, the workaround is to omit
the "Unique" action.

But if I use crawler as a daemon, it would be useful to leave "Unique" as an action. Any thoughts
on the right course?

Thanks,
Ricky

[1] http://oodt.apache.org/components/maven/filemgr/user/basic.html

or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this original message.