oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSoC2017] Distributed Configuration Management - Update
Date Sun, 13 Aug 2017 16:35:00 GMT
Fantastic progress, Imesha, as usual.

Please connect with me as you test out workflow and resource manager, since
both are present in DRAT and can be used to test your code too.

Cheers,
Chris

On 8/12/17, 6:27 AM, "Imesha Sudasingha" <imesha.13@cse.mrt.ac.lk> wrote:

    Hi all,

    Basic implementation of distributed configuration management using Apache
    Zookeeper as the distributed storage has been completed successfully [1].
    It has been tested with File Manager located in DRAT [2] and it worked
    correctly as expected with distributed configuration management turned on.
    OODT logs for running DRAT can be found in [3].

    What is left now is improving the documentation on the design [4] and how
    to use [5]. Then this feature needs to be tested with resource manager and
    workflow manager as well. Finally, I have an idea to allow configuration of
    individual components to be refreshed at runtime without having to manually
    intervene.

    I will be grateful if you can provide me with your suggestions for further
    improvements and feedback. Also, thanks to Tom and Chris for guiding me
    this far.

    Thank you!

    [1] https://github.com/apache/oodt/tree/feature/zookeeper-config
    [2] https://github.com/chrismattmann/drat
    [3] https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9XGJ8htsTdURTJCbUNvSUxZN1E
    [4]
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/Rework+OODT+configuration+to+make+use+of+Zookeeper+for+distributed+configuration+management
    [5]
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/OODT+Distributed+Configuration+Management

    Kind Regards,
    *Imesha Sudasingha*
    Undergraduate of Department of Computer Science and  Engineering,
    University of Moratuwa,
    Sri Lanka.

    <https://lk.linkedin.com/in/imeshasudasingha>  <https://github.com/IMS94>
    <http://stackoverflow.com/users/4012073/imesha-sudasingha>