oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Barber <tom.bar...@meteorite.bi>
Subject Re: [GSoC 2017] Distributed Configuration Management - Discussion
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2017 09:27:29 GMT
Hi Imesha

Thanks for the questions:

I think for multiplicities sake you can assume that all configs will be
identical on all nodes, for now at least, we can fine tune that in the
future.

The XML files are the type of thing that would be very useful to have in a
centralised configuration setup. Take elements.xml,
product-type-element-map.xml and product-types.xml. These do some of the
heavy definition work in the file manager. If they actually lived in ZK
they would be far more flexible over a multinode setup, instead of reading
them from XML, can we just read the XML file content direct from ZK?

Tom