oodt-dev mailing list archives

From krishna rb <krishna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues in building the project
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2017 22:59:32 GMT
Thank you for the fast reply.
Replies inline

> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 12:56 PM, krishna rb <krishnarb3@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello everyone, this is R B Krishna.
> > I am having a few issues in building the project and I was wondering if
> > someone could help me with it.
> >
> >    - The documentation links on the website do not seem to be working.
> >
> Which ones?

I couldn't find any javadoc links in http://oodt.apache.org/
documentation.html.
The ones in https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/Home work fine.

>    - "mvn site" command is taking too long.
> >
> This is not meant to work AFAIK, if documentation still exists in the
> source, then we should port it to the wiki or Website.

Sorry if I am wrong but is there a way to have the documentation offline?

>    - "mvn clean install" does not work on macOS sierra, getting the
> >    following error in spite of the ports not being used by any other
> >    application (works fine in ubuntu) :
> >
> >    http://pastebin.com/hXeWGAci
>
> You can simply pass the -DskipTests argument. The build should be stable.
> We have a CI build to double check.
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/OODT/job/oodt-trunk/

Thank you, it works perfectly fine after passing the argument.

> >    - Dockerfile does not work with Ubuntu 16.04 ( I guess its due to
> >    openjdk-7-jre not found in ubuntu 16.04 repositories, shall I fix it
> and
> >    send in a patch?).
> >

> If you could send a patch then yes this would be great.

I'll try to send in a patch as soon as possible.

Thank you,
R B Krishna