oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Barber <tom.bar...@meteorite.bi>
Subject [REPORT] Apache OODT - Sept 2016
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 15:15:32 GMT
DESCRIPTION

Apache OODT is a software framework as well as an architectural style for
the
rapid construction of scientific data systems.  It provides components for
data capture, curation, metadata extraction, workflow management, resource
management, and data processing.

RELEASES/DEVELOPMENT

- Last release was 1.0 on Wed Jun 29 2016

We resolved 0 issues for this release.

We finally reached a point in the platform lifecycle which made sense to
release Apache OODT as 1.0. This was done both to signify the stability of
what we had but also allow us to prepare for major changes coming in the
next major release cycle to modernise the platform and extend what was
already in place. These changes will be API breaking and as such we wanted
to signify this in the release versioning.

COMMUNITY

Latest committers and PMC members
Radu Maonle(radumanole) on 11th Oct 2015 as committer and PMC member

Last committer and PMC member added on 6th October 2015.

        Mailing list activity has been pretty much static in terms of
period on period volume and Jira has been quiet.

ISSUES

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

HEALTH REPORT

The project activity is pretty quiet, but there are still on going efforts
in place to help drive wider adoption. This includes a new website, greater
connectivity with other data platforms and adding some much desired
features to the core platform. As mentioned above, now that we have
released 1.0 we will be turning our attention to the new features. Although
development is quiet, we have a fully functioning and responsive PMC and
community.