oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Cinquini, Luca (398G)" <Luca.Cinqu...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Resource Manager documentation
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 18:54:42 GMT
Hi Paul,
	thanks for the pointer, but it seems like the Resource Manager URL is disabled in this project:

# set this if you want the workflow manager to submit jobs through the resource mgr
#org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.engine.resourcemgr.url=http://localhost:9300

Or maybe I don’t understand the configuration well enough. No problem, I’ll try to debug
the problem.

thanks, L

> On Aug 17, 2016, at 8:40 AM, Ramirez, Paul M (398M) <paul.m.ramirez@jpl.nasa.gov>
wrote:

> Luca,
>
> You may want to take a look at DRAT. It is a good example of a system built on top of
OODT with working configs. Since it was built with Apache OODT RADIX initially the configs
will be checked into the normal places.

> Top Level Repo:
> https://github.com/chrismattmann/drat
>
> Workflow Config:
> https://github.com/chrismattmann/drat/tree/master/workflow/src/main/resources
>
> Resource Manager Config:
> https://github.com/chrismattmann/drat/tree/master/resmgr/src/main/resources
>

> HTH,
> Paul

> Paul Ramirez - Group Supervisor
> Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications (398M)
> NASA - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
> 4800 Oak Grove Dr.
> Pasadena, CA 91109 USA
> Mailstop: 158-242
> Office: 818-354-1015
> Cell: 818-395-8194
>
> On 8/17/16, 5:26 AM, "Cinquini, Luca (398G)" <Luca.Cinquini@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>
>> Hi Chris,
>> 	I sure did… these are the steps I took:
>>
>> o edit workflow.properties:
>> org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.engine.resourcemgr.url=http://localhost:9002/
>>
>> o start batch stub on port 2001:
>>
>> ./batch_stub 2001
>>
>> Are there any other changes I need to make to have RM work out of the box - for example,
to resource.properties ?

>> thanks a lot,
>> Luca
>>
>>> On Aug 16, 2016, at 6:08 PM, Chris Mattmann <mattmann@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Luca,
>>>
>>> Did you start the batch stub on port 2001 (the default one?)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Chris
>>>

>>> On 8/16/16, 4:01 PM, "Cinquini, Luca (398G)" <Luca.Cinquini@jpl.nasa.gov>
wrote:

>>>   Hi all,
>>>   	I should probably know this but I don’t… do we have a tutorial on how
to connect the Resource manager to the Workflow Manager ?

>>>   I executed what I thought were the necessary steps but I get the following
error:

>>>   FINEST: [{job.queueName=high, job.instanceClassName=org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.structs.TaskJob,
job.name=urn:edrn:LabcasTestTask, job.id=, job.status=, job.load=2, job.inputClassName=org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.structs.TaskJobInput},
{task.instance.class=org.apache.oodt.cas.pge.StdPGETaskInstance, task.config={PGETask_ConfigFilePath=/usr/local/labcas_home/workflows/labcas-test/pge-configs/labcas-test-task-config.pgeconfig.xml,
PCS_ClientTransferServiceFactory=org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.datatransfer.LocalDataTransferFactory,
PCS_ActionRepoFile=file:/usr/local/labcas_home/cas-crawler/policy/crawler-config.xml, PCS_MetFileExtension=met,
PGETask_DumpMetadata=true, PCS_WorkflowManagerUrl=http://localhost:9001, PCS_FileManagerUrl=http://localhost:9000,
PGETask_Name=LabcasTestTask}, task.metadata={WorkflowInstId=[a195a9e9-63fb-11e6-8305-6d5e443f934e],
TaskId=[urn:edrn:LabcasTestTask], experiment=[1], species=[snakes], WorkflowName=[LabcasTestWorkflow],
ProcessingNode=[LMC-038261.local], location=[LAB01], WorkflowManagerUrl=[http://LMC-038261.local:9001],
WorkflowId=[urn:edrn:LabcasTestWorkflow], JobId=[a195a9e9-63fb-11e6-8305-6d5e443f934e]}}]
>>>   Aug 16, 2016 3:51:48 PM org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.engine.IterativeWorkflowProcessorThread
run
>>>   WARNING: Job execution exception using resource manager to execute job: Message:
Failure writing request