oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: resource manager, jobs and nodes
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 22:18:50 GMT
Hey Val,

Check out the node-to-queue map.

Think of a queue as a cluster of nodes. I would create
2 queues:

localhost
firewall-node

Then, in your Workflow Task Config for the 4 that need to
run on localhost, set the “QueueName” property to “localhost”
in the tasks.xml. For the 1 that needs to run on the firewall-node
set it appropriately.

Restart RM, and WM, and then go for it!

Cheers,
Chris

On 7/27/16, 12:09 PM, "Mallder, Valerie" <Valerie.Mallder@jhuapl.edu> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I hope this is a simple question ....
>
>I am now using resource manager in my pipeline. So now I have Workflow Manager, File Manager,
Resource Manager and Batch Stub running in the pipeline.

>I have 5 Workflow PGE Tasks, 4 of them need to run on localhost, and 1 of them needs to
run on a specific host where we have opened a firewall for it.

>How do I force resource manager to submit a taks (job) to a specific host?   I have  not
found any examples to help me with this.