oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Mallder, Valerie" <Valerie.Mall...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject OPSUI unexpected runtime exceptions
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2016 21:15:08 GMT
Hi All,

On the home page of the OPSUI (in OODT-1.0), there is a link called "Configuration" which
takes you to a page that has 4 tabs called "File Manager", "Workflow Manager", "Resource Manager"
and "PGE Configuration". The "File Manager" tab links to this very same page, so if you click
on it, you stay on that page.  But, when you click on each of the "Workflow Manager", "Resource
Manager" and "PGE Configuration" tabs you get an Unexpected RuntimeException with the message:

WicketMessage: ITab.getPanel() returned null. TabbedPanel [15:tabs] ITab index [3]

So, I went hunting through the java code and I found that indeed each of these tabs are coded
to return 'null', as shown on lines 67, 82 and 97 of the file: pcs/opsui/src/main/java/org/apache/oodt/pcs/opsui/config/ConfigPage.java.
For some reason, I thought these links used to actually link to something rather than yield
an exception. I don't ever remember getting these exceptions before, but I could be remembering
it wrong since it's been a while since I've tried to bring up the OPSUI.  Are these tabs on
the ConfigPage stubbed out like this on purpose?

I also noticed, on the home page, if you hover your mouse over the "Resource Manager" link,
you see the link is pointing to "localhost:8080/opsui/null" - and so you get another Unexpected
RuntimeException when you click on it.  So, I went hunting for that one too, and I found on
line 79 of pcs/opsui/src/main/java/org/apache/oodt/pcs/opsui/HomePage.java it has put a hyperlink
on the page that is supposed to point to the "ganglia url". I have no idea what ganglia is,
but I also I don't remember getting runtime exceptions from this link either. I remember being
able to view the resource manager page just fine (as long as I was running the resource manager
that is) in versions as far back as 0.8.

So, I started looking in Jira, and I found OODT-669 "Make Resource Manager work without Ganglia"
which says it was fixed in version 0.7.    But, I don't see any corresponding Jira issues
called "Make OPSUI work without Ganglia".  :(

Does anyone know how I can clear up these unexpected runtime exceptions from OPSUI?  I'm trying
to get it set up to use in our production pipeline for the JEDI instrument on JUNO, and it
doesn't look so good to be getting exceptions like these.  Could I have something wring in
my configuration? I can guarantee you that GANGLIA_URL is set to null because I have no idea
what it :)

Thanks,
Val