oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Barber <tom.bar...@meteorite.bi>
Subject Re: oodt
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 22:05:46 GMT
Hi Pedro,

You're better off trying to bootstrap RADIX
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/RADiX+Powered+By+OODT.
That will give you a working solution with all the components wired up.

My advice from that point on would still be the same. If you're wanting to
debug a component, setup a "remote debugger" in IDEA, you can then easily
step through all the code but you don't have the hassle of trying to get
the config right from within Idea. (https://ibin.co/2j5rHAoVHGqg.png) I do
exactly that all the time, you still import the maven project, but tell it
to debug a remote process where you have a port listening for the debugger.

Of course, i'm sure you can get it to debug direct in intellij, but I've
never done it and woudn't spend any time on it because the remote debugger
is cross platform, cross ide and takes about 30 seconds to configure.

Tom