oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Barber <tom.bar...@meteorite.bi>
Subject Re: OODT Website Changes (Redux)
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 12:55:27 GMT
Okay here's what I propose. Apache CMS will be retired, not any time soon,
but at some point in the medium term future. ASF Infra offer
gitsubpub/svnsubpub as the standard for website publishing and we(I?) want
something more useable for non webdevs. Thats not necessarily code free,
but certainly an easy process for people to upload new content.

My suggestion is that I knock up a dummy replacement site in Jekyll, that
migrates across a couple of the pages and some dummy blog content, and I'll
come back and demonstrate the user publishing flow, at which point we can
have a discussion as to whether its something we pursue, or not.

Sound like a plan?

Of course in the mean time, if anyone else has any suggestions for a
"dynamic" static website, speak up!

Tom