oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Barber <tom.bar...@meteorite.bi>
Subject [Discussion] How do we get more people involved signing off on releases?
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2016 10:32:58 GMT
Hello folks

As some of you will be aware there has been a release VOTE sat in the wild
with no votes since Feb 11th, now I might have picked a bad time to submit
the vote but that's by the by, I have a question off of the back of this.

When a release goes to VOTE how do we get more people involved?

There are 43 people on the PMC who can all check the release artefacts and
VOTE on whether it be released or not, yet the majority of the releases
have the same 4 or 5 people voting. So, are most of the PMC emeritus? Is it
a lack of clarity on what is involved in voting, or something completely
different?

Understandably the platform doesn't see a great deal of development
activity because it does what it says on the tin, but as its an ASF project
it does need a cohesive PMC to make sure build and issues get resolved
properly, so what can we do to improve it?

Thanks

Tom