oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Barber <tom.bar...@meteorite.bi>
Subject Re: Deploying SOLR (was:Re: Fail to ingest a test file to file manager on SuSe Linux)
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 23:08:59 GMT
Okay Wei, Jordan

Can you guys test this for me whilst I pass out:

mvn -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.oodt
-DarchetypeArtifactId=radix-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=0.12-SNAPSHOT
-Doodt=0.12-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=com.mycompany     -DartifactId=oodt
-Dversion=0.1 -DarchetypeRepository=
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/ archetype:generate
-Pfm-solr-catalog

mv oodt oodt-src; cd oodt-src; mvn clean package -Pfm-solr-catalog

mkdir ../oodt; tar -xvf
distribution/target/oodt-distribution-0.1-bin.tar.gz -C ../oodt

cd ../oodt; ./bin/oodt start

Its 0.12 RADIX with the start script patched so SOLR starts.

Notice the -P profile flag for solr, it should deploy your solr config with
no extra work.

Let me know how it goes, I've not tested ingestion but I have verified that
solr and the filemgr are running.

Tom

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 9:17 PM, Tom Barber <tom.barber@meteorite.bi> wrote:

> You don't need vagrant if you don't want it and you can use maven 3 BTW
> On 9 Feb 2016 22:13, "Tom Barber" <tom.barber@meteorite.bi> wrote:
>
>> Blimey!
>>
>> Okay you guys are mostly working.  I'm gonna fix the solr maven profile
>> before I cut 0.12 because it mostly works and it's a lot easier than that
>> solr tutorial! :)
>> On 9 Feb 2016 22:06, "Shi, Wei" <shiwei@med.umich.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Here is a list I compiled:
>>>
>>> 1.      Download and Install VirtualBox 5.0
>>> 2.      Install Vagrant on Windows 7. It will be installed in VirtualBox
>>>
>>> http://www.seascapewebdesign.com/blog/part-1-getting-started-vagrant-windows-7-and-8
>>> 3.      Install Java
>>>
>>> https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-java-on-ubuntu-with-apt-get
>>> 4.      Install Maven 2.2.1 (download from maven site cause the blog
>>> provided link is not working)
>>>
>>> http://archive.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries/apache-maven-2.2.1-bin.tar.gz
>>>
>>> https://saeedkhattak.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/install-maven-in-ubuntu-12-04/
>>> 5.      Install OODT
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/RADiX+Powered+By+OODT
>>> 6.      You may need to open port 8080 to allow guest to access
>>>
>>> http://serverfault.com/questions/248568/how-to-open-a-8080-port-for-an-application-with-iptables
>>> 7.      Recompile filemgr in 0.12 and copy over, Note: logs folder is
>>> missing. Create logs folder under filemgr
>>> 8.      File Manger User Guide:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/OODT+Filemgr+User+Guide