oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Mallder, Valerie" <Valerie.Mall...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject RE: [Discussion] How do we get more people involved signing off on releases?
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2016 19:04:12 GMT
Hi Tom,

I do not vote unless I have the time to fully integrate and test the build in my pipelines
and make sure it works and hasn't broken anything that I am using. Doing this through releases
0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.8.1, 0.9, and 0.10 has been extremely time consuming as there was always
something broken that I ended up having to debug in order to get my systems up and working
again. And I have not had time to do any of that since version 0.10. I am way too busy at
work. So, I am currently stable at 0.10 and I don't plan to upgrade to the latest version
until I can set aside the time to do it. And so the reason I haven't been voting is because
I don't want to put my stamp of approval on something unless I know that I really do approve
it.  I guess I take my voting authority very seriously :)

Val

Valerie A. Mallder
New Horizons Deputy Mission System Engineer
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory