oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Hart <ah...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Balance profile module question
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 19:00:35 GMT
Hi David,

There are any number of possible reasons for this. Most of them,
unfortunately are environment specific and difficult to diagnose
remotely. I just created a new Balance site from scratch on a clean
machine, and was able to get to the point where the profile module
loaded correctly using just the copy-and-paste method from the
instructions, so I think there's something going on with your local
environment (mod-rewrite? permissions? difficult to say without more
information). I've compiled each step I took into a gist, linked below.
If you still have difficulties, please write again, and I'll be glad to
help you investigate further.

https://gist.github.com/andrewfhart/72f0e0ce0c54b76d0bf4

Best,
Andrew.

On 2/10/16 10:39 PM, Liu, David (3902-Affiliate) wrote:
> Good Evening Andrew Hart,
>
> I was referred by Chris Mattman from JPL to consult you regarding an
> issue I’m having with the Balance profile module. I was wondering if
> you can help me?
>
> I am currently working for JPL Data Sicence and Technology division.
> We are trying to deploy the ECAS system which uses various OODT’s
> modules including Balance profile
> module(https://github.com/apache/oodt/tree/master/balance/modules/profile).
> The instructions to install the Balance profile module states that I
> should copy paste the profile folder into my balance web application’s
> module folder (which is currently in /usr/local/ecas/ui/modules).
> However, after restarting apache, I’m still getting 404 when I visit
> my locally hosted web application url:
> http://localhost/ecas/profile/login (screenshot below). The url to my
> balance web application http://localhost/ecas works fine however.
> This issue seems to indicate that I haven’t successfully installed
> profile. Is there another step to installing profile other than
> copying pasting the profile folder into my web app’s module folder?
>
> I’m also wondering if it’s my apache conf file which I customized for
> the ECAS web application as well.
>
> Thanks so much for your guidance!

> David L.
> Data Scientist